High-Volume Grade Preparation with the GT-3400 Trimmer
• A trimmer for narrower-width, zero-clearance flat or monolithic sidewalk and curb and gutter
• Easily fits between existing trees, utility poles and other obstacles in residential sidewalk paving
• Three-track design features All-Track Steering for easy maneuverability between obstacles, getting on/off stringline, and loading/unloading the machine
• Trims standard and monolithic sidewalk profiles up to eight feet (2.4 m) wide
• Hydraulically-controlled front gate on trimmerhead can be raised to trim through windrowed material or lowered for standard trimming
• A 15 foot (4.6 m) long, 15 inch (381 mm) wide transfer conveyor and a 19 foot (5.8 ft) long, 20 inch (508 mm) wide discharge conveyor move the trimmed material
• Discharge conveyor folds and swings 90 degrees from center to avoid obstacles such as trees and utility poles
• The GT-3400 is operated by a wireless remote control allowing the operator freedom to move around the job site while operating the machine
• Controls are located on the discharge conveyor for positioning and folding
The trimmerhead has a front gate with hydraulic control. The front gate can be raised to trim through windrowed material or lowered for standard trimming applications.
The GT-3400 trimmer’s long discharge conveyor moves the trimmed material into haul units. It is trimming 1.9 meters (6.2 ft) wide on this project in Canada.
There was so much success with the GOMACO GT-3400 trimmer, that a customer immediately began working with GOMACO on a new type of trimmerhead attachment for the machine. An attachment was created for the trimming of narrower widths for scab-on curb and gutter slipforming applications.
The GT-3400 trimmer’s new sidemounted trimmerhead attachment has a powerful, closed-loop trimmer that is 30 inches (762 mm) wide and has a wheel diameter of 56 inches (1422 mm). It features framework on the front to support the trimmerhead. The new trimmer has 18 inches (457 mm) of hydraulic vertical lift for depth adjustments and for easy shipping on a trailer. It also has a third conveyor for moving material.
The extra conveyor transfers the trimmed material from the trimmerhead to the standard transfer conveyor. The contractor put their GT-3400 trimmer with new sidemounted trimmerhead to work on its first project in Canada. It was trimming between six to 10 inches (152-254 mm) deep, 19 inches (483 mm) below the existing grade, and 30 inches (762 mm) wide against the existing roadway.
Production averaged up to six feet per minute (1.8 mpm) on the first trimming pass. It’s capable of trimming accurate grade in just one hour’s time, what would normally take all day with a backhoe. Its zero-clearance capabilities were useful as it trimmed by several utility poles and other obstacles along the existing roadway.